Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I'm Melting

Yet another hot one today. Out of the house by 7:15 for my run. Didn't help. Hotter. More humid. Weather is supposed to break Wed night/Thursday morning. Which will probably mean another phenomenon we missed out on in Eugene: the thunderstorm.

Today I quite possibly read the worst newspaper I've ever laid my eyes on. The Grand Rapids Press. 50 cents. Something like 5 sections. The front page, which is where one normally finds world news or pressing issues of the community was 6 pages. One of which was a full page ad for some motivational speaker coming to town or a car dealership. Don't remember which exactly. Only saving grace of the "Press" - color comics EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK! Didn't see that coming.

Needless to say the habit of starting each day with cup of coffee and the newspaper has come to an abrupt halt. It's not even worth the $2.00 a week for the Sat/Sun delivery. Going to try the Detroit Free Press (I think that is the title) on Sunday. Gotta have a paper on Sunday. T gets very grumpy without her comics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DFP will give you Mitch Albom, very good columns when he's not writing about Morrie or dead people.

I had a roommate from grand rapids. he speed skated in our dorm halls.

How was work?

I think I might start doing this too, if my man purse gets backordered. It seems kind of fun, at least on this end.