Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hard at Work

Here it is Wednesday the first week of "Fall Camp" and I'm back at work. Interesting term: Fall Camp. When I was in high school (counted it up today, I graduated 15 years ago. I'm. Old. It's official.) we had two-a-days. When I was in college and working football it was two-a-days. When did we start calling it fall camp? The NFL has training camp. Not fall camp, so maybe it's not trickling down from there. Guess it was when I was at MTSU that I might have heard preseason practice called "Fall Camp". The last time I looked at my calendar (just openend Outlook to double check) it's August 8. Fall starts 9/23/2006. It's not fall. And I don't think it counts as camp. That's supposed to be fun. Where you make friendship bracelets and go swimming, and make really bad clay ashtrays to give to your parents.

Gotta love the hours, but in all honesty - I am loving every minute of it! For the first time in 4 years I'm not covering EVERY sport at the institution I'm working at. I have one sport for the season. I have to help out with some others, but still. There are athletic training students, that ask good questions and answer questions you ask them. They are there to help treat athletes.
It's nice to be part of a staff again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Fall Camp starts soon, and I'm not looking forward to "Camp" either.

Back from my Montana Vacation. Blog on!