Monday, August 21, 2006

Half Marathon Training - Week 1.5

1.5? Planned on using a training plan from Nike, but due to distractions (cross country move, new city to learn, new job, new microbrews to drink, etc) I had to modify said plan. Plan was supposed to start 8/7...got a few runs in, but didn't stick to schedule. Last week same thing - all though I did get my long run in on Sunday. So I'm really at the beginning of week #3, but still adjusting the mileage down.

Speaking of my long run Sunday. Went almost 7.5 miles (7.36 according to the Garmin). Longest run since my 10 miler back in June. Felt really good. Had my Camelbak with me. And of course was wearing my RoadID. This is a must running on the side of the road like I am here. Went with the wrist version this time.

Counting down until October 29.

Yes, I'm planning on kicking ass (if you consider a goal of 2 hours ass kicking and I do) and then I'm planning on the 2007 Flying Pig Marathon in Cincy. Want to see if I can do 26.2, and I want to do it in front of the family (ok - in front of the family, but mostly in front of my overweight brother that I don't get along with)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excellent motivational tool. I can relate.

Glad to hear things are going well.