Friday, August 04, 2006

What Have I Gotten Myself Into

Weather finally broke here yesterday, big T-storm came through and when I got out of bed this morning it was 59 F outside. Lazed about the house for awhile before going for my run so it was just a bit warmer, but nothing scorching.

I'm not sure how many people I've told, and of the ones I've told how many remember, but I have signed up for the Grand Rapids Half Marathon on October 29, 2006. I've been at this running stuff for a little of 2.5 years. I've done 4 10 K races (that's 6.2 miles for you metrically challenged out there) and 5 5 K races (3.1 for the metrically and math challenged) and enjoy the training runs and races. So I decided to move up to the Half Marathon, with the goal to try the Flying Pig Marathon in 2007 if everything goes well. I know, I know...crazy. I've heard it. I'm just not choosing to listen.

Eugene is such a runner friendly place though that I'm afraid I've been spoiled the last 3 years. I'm struggling to find places to run that are safe from the autobahn like streets here and it's taking me a bit to get used to the weather. That and I didn't run for 3 weeks while we packed, drove across the country, an unpacked/settled in here.

Will be putting up some trip picks today or this weekend.

No comments: