Thursday, August 24, 2006

It's Just a Little Rain

More proof that people in Michigan aren't exactly right in the head:

Leaving work tonight. It's raining. First time in a loooong time I've had the windshield wipers off of intermittent. I'm driving home on I-196. Speed limit is 70 MPH (this is a road very similar to I-105 for those reading this in Eugene) which on dry pavement seems a bit extreme, but you learn to live with it. Visibilty is fine. The road is wet, but no one is hydroplaning. I get stuck behind all of the people that are driving 45-50 MPH. I get looked at like I'm the crazy one when I start passing people.

I've driven down I-5 between Portland and Salem at 11 PM on an October night when it is raining SIDEWAYS and felt more at ease on the road than I did tonight.

Crazy Michigan drivers.

Ok, ok, I'm trying to tone down the Michigan-bashing. It looks like we might be here awhile.

No comments: