Thursday, August 03, 2006

Things you can't do anything about...Part 2

This came up in conversation with coworkers today and it reminded me of Sunday...

T and I were out and about exploring and she offered to buy me lunch (she's paying for a LOT of things now that she is making the big bucks in the family) so we go to a mexican chain restaurant. It's been hot here in Michigan so I thought to myself a nice cold draft beer would be good, however they only had like Bud and Bud Light listed as on tap in the menu. So, I ask our waitress what else they have on tap. She looked at me like I had grown a second head and proceeded to tell me that I can't sell you a beer (or any alcohol) because it's Sunday and that was the law in the city we were in (a suburb of Grand Rapids). And here I thought I'd left the bible belt about four years back.

The truly comical part of the exchange was that she, and the entire staff, were wearing t-shirts promoting "Build Your Own Margarita" and there was the accompanying table tent on each table in addition to the large banner hanging over the entrance.

Oh, and for the first time in four years I had to answer the following question: "Smoking or Non?" Duh! Not only do I want to be in the NON section, but I would like the seat that is the furthest from the smoking! Like the title says.

No comments: