Saturday, August 12, 2006

More Michigan Strangeness

Week #1 of preseason practice out of the way. Not a lot of time to rest before Week #2 starts. Earlier morning practices. Later afternoon practices. At least I'll have more time to run during the day. Only two days of multiple practices left though.

Due to a conversation with someone at work, I have decided that the state of Michigan may be the most messed up when it comes to high school girls athletics. Everywhere I've worked girls soccer and volleyball are fall sports, girls hoops a winter sport, girls tennis a spring sport. Not here in Michigan. Here is where it gets confusing (or it was at least for me) so I will put the Michigan season in RED and the rest of the country as I know it in black. Girls Hoops - Fall (Winter). Girls Volleyball - Winter (Fall). Girls Tennis - Fall (Spring). Girls Soccer - Spring (Fall).

So that means that the female high school athletes in Michigan are gearing up for hoops practice. IN AUGUST. Just another example that everyone in Ohio might be on to something. Things are different up here in Michigan.

Also, played golf for the first time in approximately 10 years today. Scramble to support the Aquinas College athletic department. Final Total: 2 houses hit, 1 moving car almost hit, 2 the number of my shots the foursome used. 1 the number of putts I made.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it still a 10cent deposit on pop cans there?