Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Recovery Starts Now

Splint Day: 1, Recovery Day: 1

The last month has been a whirlwind...from my Dad passing away and all the family drama/stress that comes with that type of major life events, running a half marathon (Grand Rapids of course) after less than ideal training (see the first item in this list), to yesterday and the Modified Brostrum Procedure on my left ankle.

So the title of this post really encompasses more than just the healing process going on in my foot/ankle right now.  Healing my ankle, getting past the loss of a generation of the family, getting things back on track. 

The nice thing?  I've got plenty of down time coming my way.  At least the next 4 days on the couch.  Plenty of time to put the plans in place for a full recovery.

No comments: