Thursday, October 20, 2011

On a Scale of 1-10

Splint Day: 2, Recovery Day: 2

The nerve block is about 90% gone - just a small numb area behind my knee - and I'm able to wiggle my toes now.  So that's a good thing, the bad thing?  The discomfort has started to kick in.  Discomfort.  Not pain.  Maybe that's due to the percocet?  Probably.  But it's not nearly as bad as I was anticipating.

Still trying to get used to navigating around the house with the splint.  The knee walker is much, much easier than crutches so that helps but it's still a challenge.

I'm taking my aspirin like I'm supposed to be, icing (not really sure just how effective icing my popliteal space is but still following instructions), and I'm a fixture on the couch.  Twelve more days until the cast.

On the fun side, the Star Wars Blu-ray marathon has begun!

No comments: