Friday, October 21, 2011

How Much Down Time?

Splint Day: 3, Recovery Day: 3

Monday, October 24 is when my time table starts.  Why Monday?  The goal for this recovery/rehab process is to be ready to return to training for a spring/summer race in 12 weeks.  84 days on the injured reserve list or until Monday, January 9, 2012 to be more exact.  Not that I have it planned out or anything.

Why that day?  Well that gives me the perfect amount of time to train for this race in June 2012.  6 weeks for a return-to-running program and then 18 weeks to actually train for the race.  Ambitious?  I don't think so but then the approach, for now, is to just be able to get back out there.

The first 6 weeks of this process will be easy.  Not much to do but wear the splint right now and wait until the cast.  I probably need to start thinking about what color cast I want!

2 comments:

sage said...

What's your return-to-running plan look like?

You sound like you're in a good head space, Kev. I admire that!!

Mindi said...

Good for you for selecting a goal race - hopefully it will make these next couple of weeks easier. I am eyeing that race too.