Tuesday, October 25, 2011

That Went Well

Splint Day: 7, Recovery Day: 7

Days recovery remaining:  83

Sunday I had a minor mishap.  From the time I arrived home from the surgery center on Tuesday I'd been in the house.  It was determined that the first time I tried to leave the house and make it to the car shouldn't be Monday morning when I'd be pressed for time, etc.  So, we made a trial run.  That didn't go so well.  I'll save the details but trying to navigate the self-closing front door, a couple of steps, and the knee walker all combined to equal a tumble in the front yard.  Over the front handle bars of the knee walker.  I was okay (only damaged the front edge of my splint) but I scared the living hell out of both myself and T.  Then we laughed about it and tried it again.  Crutches much easier.

It was back to work yesterday.  Not a great day back, but not a horrible day either.  I need to tweak a few things in my office so I can prop my foot up better during the day but all in all I seem to be able to function decently.  We'll see how covering events go Friday and Saturday though - that could be interesting.

1 comment:

solarpowered said...

I'm SO glad you didn't hurt yourself with your tumble.

But I'm still giggling every time I read this story.

Sorry. ;)

Hope your recovery time goes by quickly!!!