Thursday, October 01, 2009

Hello? Hello? Is This Thing On?

Just to set the record straight, no I have not fallen off the face of the earth.

Yet.

Without going into the gory details, I will just say that the last two weeks of September have not been smooth, easy sailing. Everything, including running, was put on the back burner. But, things seem to be settling down a bit and it feels like I'm starting to get a better grip on things now.

It's the start of a new month. And it's hard to believe that there are only three months left in 2009 (but I gotta admit, after this summer/fall I'm really looking forward to 2010)! My goal this month, and beyond, is to blog more, get my running mojo/consistency back, and be firing on all cylinders as 2010 gets here.

I will admit one thing now: the HM in 17 days? Most likely will not be a race effort/shooting for a PR. See the above statement about not running for two weeks and you'll understand. I'm still running, but I've thrown 99% of the goals for that day out and I'm just going for bettering my time the first time I ran GR in 2006: 2:15.

So here is to a good fall, taking control of things, and a good end to 2009.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Glad to have you "back" - I'm also looking forward to a strong, injury free 2010!