Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Really?

If North Carolina, where tobacco was king, can pass an indoor smoking ban (including bars and restaurants) then any state can do the same.

Uh, Michigan?

Why, you ask, am I blogging about this?

Well, Friday night I went out to a small (about as big as our living room), quaint neighborhood bar to help a friend celebrate their birthday. To say it was smoke filled would be an understatement of epic proportions. It was so bad that when I got home I took my clothes to the basement and T requested that I shower.

Woke up Saturday morning with a cough. A cough that is lingering and now I'm feeling less than 100% - no, it's not the flu, or even a cold really, just a cough.

Fucking smokers.

2 comments:

sneakersister said...

I wonder how many states are now smoke-free ... Pennsylvania is.

Maria said...

Move to NYC! We've been indoor-smoke-free for years now, probably close to 5+ And our mayor is currently trying to make several outdoor areas smoke-free as well (some parks, playgrounds, etc) :-)