Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Winter Wonderland

The first significant snowfall of the year hit yesterday.  Nothing more than 1.5" but it made for interesting driving conditions in the morning.  I just hope it melts and we can see what little greenery there is left before the true winter hits.

More importantly that 1.5" of snow on the ground meant that in the short term running, for me at least, was forced in doors due to the fact that not everyone is as diligent as we are about shoveling/clearing the sidewalk.

Three ugly miles on the treadmill.  Not that I'm surprised they were ugly - I've run a whopping 8 times for a grand total of 34 miles so far in the month of November - but it always takes me a few runs to get used to running on the treadmill again.  No matter how ugly the miles were, or how hard they felt (I'm not even thinking of posting my pace) the important thing was I wanted to run this morning which felt really good.

2 comments:

Maria said...

TM running is the perfect setting for interval work! They don't have to be long or particularly grueling but they will make the time fly by while on that beast. Maybe a pyramid type of run?

solarpowered said...

Ugh. I'm not ready to face the TM again. I agree with Maria that it's good for speedwork, though, because it really can make the miles fly by!