Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Three Words For You

Dear State of Michigan,

After waiting in line, filling out the appropriate paperwork, having to tell the lovely older lady volunteer that the address on my voter card did indeed match my drivers license (the state issued sticker was placed on the back per the instructions), then waiting to use one of the four voting machines - which I ponder, is it really a voting machine when all it is is privacy screen with a Bic ballpoint pen for me to use?  I actually got a giggle out of the sign in the voting booth "Only used provided special pen"  - I would like to suggest you take a cue from 33rd state to enter the Union and allow us to vote by mail.

Send me my ballot in the middle of October, I'll fill it out, put it in a sealed envelope and return it no later than election Tuesday.  No line.  No confusion.

2 comments:

Frankie said...

We have mail in ballots here in the 48th state, did I think to request one, uh no. Now I get to stand in line after work with one of my kids. Smack me the next time you see me ok?

KP said...

That's the thing Frankie...in Oregon that's how you vote. It's not an option, it's the standard!