Monday, November 03, 2008

Clean Slate

What a difference 48 hours makes...

Friday:  I got to experience Halloween in our neighborhood.  Probably 125-150 kids/teenagers/adults at the door.  Enough people that we ran out of candy (6 bags T bought) and had to resort to handing out individual bags of fruit pieces we got at Costco, and then ran out of them!  Best costume?  Kid who was maybe 8-10 years old dressed as skunk.  Hilarious.

Saturday:  a lovely day of no responsibility.  Spent the day with T - had a leisurely breakfast, went to the mall, browsed a book store for a good hour, had lunch and then just relaxed around the house.

Sunday:  repeat of Saturday except after reading the Sunday NY Times/coffee we went for a run.  Felt great even though T ran me into the ground.  Followed that up with some simple stuff around the house, grocery shopping, and a nice quiet dinner here at home.

We may not have accomplished much (I know I didn't touch the grading I've got to get done by tomorrow) but I don't really care.  It was probably the best weekend I've had in a long time simply because I got to spend it with T.

UPDATE
the most recent addition...for Chicago.

and a phenomenal t-shirt that T bought for me:
That's right...Save Second Base.  It's a breast cancer awareness t-shirt.  On the back it says "If You Love Them, Check Them".  A great cause to support. 

1 comment:

solarpowered said...

That sounds like a fantastic weekend! Love the tattoo addition, and T got you a great t-shirt! :)