Friday, March 30, 2007

Surprises

I get home last night, dusty, tired, and windblown after a less then spectacular baseball game to find a box from UPS on the porch. Let's see, the stuff I ordered from REI came Monday, T's FR 205 came Monday...I haven't ordered anything, and I don't think she has...so I look at the box. From a friend in Oregon. I bring it inside. To my surprise I find a six back of Deschutes Mirror Pond!!!!! There was a nice note.

Honestly, I was completely floored. It's gestures like this that show me that I really do have friends in this world...not just co-workers.

I left a message for T (she was teaching) and basically said the same thing - don't ever let me say that I don't have friends in this world.

So, Trevor, without further delay: Thank you. It was an unbelievably nice thing to do. Much appreciated.

No comments: