Wednesday, March 28, 2007

75 and Counting....

75th post today...not sure what the gift is for that anniversary. Hard to believe that I've been at this since July. Oh, how time flies.

On to real business...been about a week and a half since I've checked in. Running is going...ok. I've been out the last two mornings with good results, despite the Hand of God wind this morning. I'm just trying to get used to running again. You know, actually getting up out of bed and getting out the door. Trying to ease back into slowly so I don't end up injured again. I'm trying something new over on the right hand side for posting training info. Right now it's set for the last 4 runs. Feedback would be appreciated on how it looks, etc.

The other challenge now is trying to work my running into my professional life since baseball season has started. Like this last weekend, I was at the park Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so the real challenge is either trying to get my runs in before I have to be at the training room (typically 3 hours prior to game time - so this Sat/Sun games start at noon. You do the math) or having enough energy to go for a run when I get home.

I'm taking it easy...only goal right now is to try and rebuild some of the aerobic base I had back in Dec/Jan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I loved to play baseball, but it took working as an athletic trainer to realize just how shitty baseball can be.

My advice...run before. If the day turns out terrible, then you have that victory. You and I both know that a shitty doubleheader isn't going to make you want to go for a run afterward.

--Erin