Sunday, March 04, 2007

62 Days?

According to http://www.flyingpigmarathon.com/ there are 62 days, 12 hours, 19 mins, and some seconds left until the marathon as I write this...ok, that actually scares me!

I'm so far off the reservation as far as training is concerned, due to lack of motivation, injury, illness, and crappy weather that I've really got my work cut out for me. With that said...

I just got back from quite possibly the best run (and shortest - 2.5 miles) I've had since sometime in early January. The leg felt awesome - even on the areas of the streets that weren't clear of snow. The limiting factor was the hacking cough that nearly doubled me over twice...the cough, the latest in the hurdles that have been thrown in front of me!

I'm blaming Bob's Sports Bar and my boss for this one...one week ago Friday he wanted to have a "staff meeting" and get a few beers after work. Not being one to turn down beers I went. Much to my dismay I haven't spent much time in bars lately and wasn't quite prepared to be one of the 4-5 people out of 30-35 in the place that wasn't smoking. To say I "smoked" about a carton of cigarettes would be an understatement! I smelled so bad when I got home that I stripped down, took a shower, and had T carry my clothes to the basement! Since then my throat has been scratchy/irritated and I've been coughing...not to say I may not have had a cold, but I'm blaming the smoke filled bar! Yet another reason to miss Oregon.

So I'm trying my best to get back on the training wagon - and the events of the last few days; the massage, increasing my stretching/rehab, and today's run give me hope that I'll actually be able to get in some quality runs over the next few days.

Speaking of the next few days - T and I are headed to Chicago on Tuesday for a mid-week, three day weekend. She's never been. We're staying downtown - and in case any Evans Alumni are reading, yes, we're staying at the Knickerbocker (rates were actually pretty reasonable for a downtown hotel). Bodyworlds is in town and since we're both nerds, we're pretty excited about that!

There probably won't be another post until we get back - and the trip will be photo documented thoroughly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous about Bodyworlds. I watched a video about the process last year. Awesome stuff.

Glad to hear you're running better.

--Erin