Monday, March 12, 2007

Announcement

After much deliberation I have made a decision concerning the Flying Pig Marathon:

I'm not doing it.

My leg is feeling much improved, however, I feel I am too far behind in my training now to make it safely through the full 26.2 miles. As a result, I notified the organization that I would like to switch to the half-marathon and was notified this afternoon that the change has been made. So, I'm still running that day - wouldn't dream of missing out on meeting so many of the people from coolrunning.com - but I will not be making my marathon debut.

While it was a difficult decision, I do feel that it was the right decision. Now my goal is beat my time from the half-marathon I did back in Oct.

My goal is still for the Flying Pig to be my first marathon, just 2008.

On a much more excited note:
T is in training!

Of her own accord she decided to sign up for the 5K of the 5/3 River Bank Run here in Grand Rapids on May 12. There will be pictures.

No comments: