Monday, February 26, 2007

Not Sure...

Ok, what the hell is wrong with my leg? I've lamented about my leg pain in previous posts...got some miles in yesterday at the Y (Old Man Winter has decided to take up residence here in W. MI.) and my leg was SORE. Woke up today, still SORE. Did some treatment/exercises today at work...get to the Y for a run. First mile and a quarter feel like my leg is going to fall off...then suddenly discomfort/pain gone. Just made 3-4 trips up and down the stairs here...NOTHING. We'll see how it does tomorrow.

I've scrapped my training plan I was on and have gone with one of my own design (courtesy of Dr. Daniels' excellent book) to try and get me ready for the Pig. With 10 weeks until the event I'm dropping back to the first "phase" and I'm just going to log some miles over the next 4 weeks in an attempt to get used to running long again, and to get my weekend long runs back into the double digits. I'll keep you informed of course.

It's that time of year again and T and I sat down and did our taxes - big shouts of thanks go out to Turbo Tax and the Federal government for letting you deduct moving expenses. Let's just say we won't have to touch the savings to pay for our nice bedroom furniture.

Quick comment on the Oscars: that Helen Mirren...WOW!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Nuts - I think my last post got zapped. :( Anyways, was just suggesting that regular massage might help with the leg probs. It seems to help push me over the sore/not sore rut I've gotten myself into before.

Your determination will certainly help out when Piggy time rolls around.

Unknown said...

So, is that "Helen Mirren...WOW!!!!",

...she's a great actress?
...made the role of QEII her own?
...go see that movie?
...a hottie?
...what?

--Erin