Thursday, January 10, 2008

Something To Think About....

You want to do something nice for you wife or girlfriend what do you do? You buy them flowers. There isn’t a woman alive whose face won’t break out into a big smile when you walk through the door with flowers for her. She might think you’ve done something wrong and are trying to make up for it, but even then there will be a split second where she smiles!

The problem is this though…what’s the guy equivalent to flowers?

After much introspection and thought on the subject I do believe T has solved the problem. The guy equivalent is beer. Beer you say? Yes, beer. But not ordinary mass produced American lagers that you find at the corner mega-mart, but good beer that is produced by smaller breweries, full of flavor and color, and that might cost more than the average lite beer because of the things I just listed.

I came home the other night from work – just an ordinary day, nothing spectacular. T met me at the dining room table like she always does, with a big smile on her face and told me she had something for me, guy flowers, and handed me a bottle of Stone Brewery’s Ruination IPA, a very lovely beer.

So this act of kindness from her cemented two things for me:
1) Beer = guy flowers
2) T is the greatest

4 comments:

Frankie said...

Guy flowers, what a concept! Ive heard good things about Stone Brewery. Kris ( Bard ) recommended there IPA's to me. Guess I need to check them out.

Antoinette said...

Frankie, you should send your wife a link to this post! :)

Kris said...

Guy flowers, LOL! You know, I like flowers as much as the next girl, but good beer would be just fine too. :) I think the flowers would last longer, though.

Anonymous said...

The only problem with this now, is that you have co-opted what could have been a really nice guy-friend purchase into something more intimate.

If I were to give you a beer, now there would be all those uncomfortable issues.

So, you would have to settle for a kiss on the cheek instead.

--Erin