Thursday, January 03, 2008

Ask And You Shall Receive

Sometime in November I sent out an email to 20 or so friends - some people I know from professional interaction, some personal, some I've only met on the internet, but all friends - and asked them to recommend books for me to read. Any genre of the person's choosing, just books they enjoyed and thought someone else should read. A few of them asked me to send them the list when it was compiled, so here is that compiled list, in no particular order.

Lovely Bones
A Thousand Splendid Suns
Three Cups of Tea
The Enders Game Series (recommended by three people)
The House of Sand and Fog
Skinny Dip (recommended by three people, one of whom said anything by Hiaassen)
Lonesome Dove
The Stand
The Winds of War
War and Remembrance
A Walk In The Woods
Magical Thinking
Naked (recommended by two people, and one said anything by Sedaris)
Water For Elephants
Duel in the Sun
The Bridge of Sighs
Friday Night Lights
Wittgenstein's Poker
1421: The Year China Discovered The World
The Boys From Brazil
Freakonomics
Congo
Angels & Demons
Rendezvous With Rama
A Brief History of Time
What is the What?
The Sparrow
Tigana

I've read some of the books on the list, and while I may not read all of them there are certainly some that I will definitely read.

For everyone who responded thanks...for those of you who didn't (one in particular) it isn't too late!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boys from brazil is scary. Scary movie too.