Monday, April 30, 2007

That Soon?

Ok, according to the website we have less than 6 days until the start of the Flying Pig...starting to get a bit nervous.

Here's the deal: as mentioned following my first (and only HM) back in October, I was drastically under prepared (mostly due to an ability rationalize missing/skipping training runs) for the Grand Rapids HM. This time around I feel better prepared...especially in the last few weeks, but due to the unexpected reappearance of winter the first week of April and the havoc it wreaked on the baseball schedule, my training suffered a bit down the stretch. Not where I want to be, but I think training-wise I'm in a better place than October.

Ran 2:15 in October, so that is pretty much my goal for Sunday. Of course the Grand Rapids course is pretty flat. The Pig isn't.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

IN OTHER NEWS:
Jessica - kick some ass this Saturday.
Trevor - Congrats on the BQ this past weekend.
Maria, Bob, Larry, et al - sounds like you guys had a blast in Jersey. Will see some of you this weekend.

Without giving too many details (not sure how she would feel about it) please keep my Mom in your thoughts/prayers (if you do that sort of thing). She is dealing with some health issues right now and it would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: