Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Four and Change

4 Days, 22 Hours, XX Minutes according to the Flying Pig website.

Down to the last few runs, hoping to get in my last hill workout today if the weather holds off...heavy thunderstorms last night and the will sunrise happened about an hour and a half ago, you really can't tell because the sky is that dark with clouds. So, I'm holding off on my run until later this afternoon.

So, am I prepared? Think so. Especially with everything I've dealt with...my leg, the crappy weather (both during the winter and in April), the mixed up baseball schedule that really made it challenging to get my long runs in.

I do remember the point that was driven home by the Grand Rapids HM was that I needed to be more consistent with my training. Have I been? Yes, and no. I've done better, but if my goal is to move up to the full 26.2, I've got to do better. Maybe I need to go back to my idea of using this blog as a way to "hold my feet to the fire"...you know, put my training plan on here and hope that the 2-3 of you who are reading it will not let me off the hook when I rationalize my way out going for a run.

Starting to feel the nerves a bit about Sunday...1) while yes, I feel better prepared than in October, I'm afraid/nervous that I will be DFL. 2) Meeting some fellow posters in the 30s thread on the coolrunning.com forums (see link at right) and yes I'm afraid I'm going to embarrass myself. 3) Worried that asking her to get up with me and get to the race for a 6:30 a.m. start might be a bit much to ask of my non-morning-person-wife

I know, I know, I'm probably crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts with you. Run fast, steady, well, up, down, around, through...

--erin