Saturday, January 02, 2010

What A Long Strange Trip It's Been

I've had a great day. Spent the morning at work/practice - okay maybe that part wasn't great - and then the rest of the day with T. Our original intentions were to see Sherlock Holmes at the 3:30 showing. When we arrived at the theater the parking lot looked like it was Dec 23. The amount of people inside waiting to buy tickets reminded me of a Friday night at 10:00 p.m. when I was in high school so we decided that waiting in line and missing the first 10 minutes of the movie was something we could do without.

Neither one of us wanted to head home, so a trip to the new Barnes & Noble at the fancy mall was in order. Both of us are people that could spend hours in a bookstore - PNW people: goddamn do I miss trips to Portland and Powell's. We managed to kill most of the afternoon there before coming home and fixing a nice dinner and just spending the rest of the night like old, boring people.

But here's the thing: I absolutely loved it.

Then in wanting to kill some time before I headed to bed I went back and read the first year of this thing...1) I can't believe I've got 3.5 years worth of entries on here, 2) people still read the thing...and I realized just how much things have changed, but are still the same: I'm still trying to relate mundane things of my life in a funny way and Erin is still reading! Thanks, big guy.

In all seriousness, 2010 is here and it may still be the hangover of 2009 lingering but I'm not sure it's going to be a good year. I'm going to do my best to make it one, but some things in life are beyond our control, as 2009 reinforced for me. My hopes are high, so you'd better not kick me in the teeth 2010.

2 comments:

Maria said...

2010 WILL be a good one!

solarpowered said...

I love Powell's! :)

Here's to a great 2010!