Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Return

So after spending the first two weeks of 2010 in a boot (self imposed) and the first three weeks of 2010 not running my ankle/foot/shin finally responded.

Yesterday was my first official day back in training - okay, so I ran a whopping 2.57 miles last week over three days to see how it would respond - and I actually got to run outside. You can only guess what happened then. That's right, it snowed last night. Have I mentioned how much I love the winters here in west Michigan? So back to the hamster wheel it is for me. Sort of reminds me of Punxsutaweny Phil, see the white stuff scurry back inside. Boring yes, but infinitely less likely to be injured.

The goal this week is about 20-25 miles. Yes, I've had to totally redo my training plan to accommodate a lower peak training mileage (still not pleased about that, but that's what injury forces you to do) but still have the same goal for the HM at Bayshore.

The one positive from all this? I've actually used my portion of the YMCA membership! That and I've gotten in the habit of getting up and getting my workouts done...well, that is until today.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Glad to hear you're boot free! Slow and steady my friend, slow & steady.

Joe said...

Great to hear that you've booted the boot, so to speak. Just keep it steady on the return back, and you should do just fine