Saturday, January 09, 2010

Progress? Maybe...

Well at least I don't have an x-ray or a MRI in my future...yet.

Had a great conversation with our team doc (and personal physician) today after the basketball game. After a thorough evaluation she agrees with me that while we can't ignore the bony tenderness she thinks it's a soft-tissue issue that has irritated the bone.

I'm supposed to continue to wear the boot and I can cross train, and we will re-evaluate the situation on Wednesday (another home basketball game) and decide if diagnostic testing it warranted.

I also sat down an looked at the calendar: I want at least 16 weeks of training leading into my spring goal race Memorial Day weekend, which means I could push back the re-start of training until Feb 8. So I have some time to let this heal properly, BUT I need to get my ass to the YMCA and try to maintain my fitness.

1 comment:

solarpowered said...

That's some good news. :) And good that you still have time for a solid training round! Heal up!