Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Setbacks, Nothing But Setbacks

I'm really beginning to develop a loathing for the month of January.

Second year in a row that the ice/snow of West Michigan has thrown me an injury curveball for a called third strike.

I'm officially on the shelf. Well I've been on the shelf since 12/29/09 and tried an easy run yesterday (on the TM of course) that did not go well, so not only am I back on the no running plan for another week but I'm also in a boot. Desperate times call for drastic measures!

Last year it was a run on Jan 8. This year I go into January with an injury. I think I narrowed it down though - all the pain started after I ran outside on 12/23 and 12/24 - so what does that mean? As much as I might not like it, I'm inside until the ground is clear enough to run. So maybe March? April?

1 comment:

solarpowered said...

Screw January. It's the after-month. Heal up quick and kick January to the curb before it's over.