Monday, February 02, 2009

Change of Schedule

After much contemplation (or wasting time) I've decided to change up my running plan/schedule.  I know, I know, I'm 6 weeks into the training plan for Toledo and only have 12 weeks until race day but I'm not having a lot of success with the current schedule because it conflicts mightily with my work schedule.  It's too late (and too much food and beer yesterday) to make the change this week so I sat down and plotted out the next four weeks.  It now looks like this:

Monday - easy/recovery run
Tuesday - quality workout (intervals/tempo run)
Wednesday - OFF
Thursday - easy
Friday - OFF
Saturday - easy
Sunday - long run

Wednesday and Friday were the problems because I have to be at work earlier on those days - 8 am on Wednesday and 10:30 am on Friday so it leaves me less time to get my run in.  Wednesday it was damn near impossible and I always felt rushed on Friday (no comments from you people with regular jobs okay?  'cause this time of the year my Wednesday goes from 8 am until around 9 pm).

With these changes, and the fact that the weather is actually supposed to warm up this week I think I'll stand a better chance of success.  I'd better be successful because 12 weeks ain't that long.

3 comments:

solarpowered said...

I think the schedule looks good. (Not that I know anything, really)

The way I see it, the workouts have to work out. If switching up your schedule allows that, then do it, and the rest will fall into place. :D

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Looks good to me too! So how are you picking the mileage/paces you'll do? Winging it? Or do you have a master plan?

EC said...

Doggone work!

"I thought I wanted a career, but discovered that I really only wanted paychecks." --recently observed


--erin