Wednesday, February 11, 2009

For The Record

I hate Wednesdays in January and February. Loathe them.

Why?

Well, I'm not a fan of 12 hour days. Wednesdays in January and February mean 8:30 a.m. - noon baseball practice, followed by the middle distance runners workout (usually around 2 p.m.), followed by track practice at 3:15 p.m. The really fun part is Wednesday happens to be basketball game day as well.

Now I only have to be here for the home games, but it seems like every Wednesday we've played at home. I cover the women's games that start at 6 p.m. if there is a double header or 7:30 p.m. if it's just them. Usually takes about 1:45-2 hours to play the game.

Makes for long days. But, at least basketball season is almost finished. Just need to make it to spring break in 3 weeks.

5 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Sounds like a long day. So do you workout on Wednesdays? If not, maybe you should. I know the day would be even longer if you got up early to get a workout in, but it might help. (See your last post for confirmation of how great early workouts make you feel!)

KP said...

Workouts before work are good...however, read my post a little closer - I never said early workouts. My typical day doesn't start before 11:30.

I do not workout on Wednesdays because it's just too draining.

solarpowered said...

This is generally how I feel during softball season, especially on game days.

For the past two years, I've been marathon training during the season. A typical day has me up at 5:20am, leave for work by 6:30, work day over at 2, softball till 4:30 on practice days, sometimes not done till 6:30 or later on game days. Somewhere in there I need to get my runs in, because softball is 5 days a week.

It's draining. I feel your pain. :(

EC said...

Good times, Kev. Good times.

--erin

solarpowered said...

...foot tapping... Some of us would like an update around here ...foot tapping...

:D