Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Maybe...

Today has been a good day.  Hell, this week has been a good week!
  • Had a friend, V over for dinner last night.  Good company, good conversation, great food.  She brought her chocolate lab with her.  Everyone, including the pooch had a fabulous time.
  • T and I have decided to take a vacation.  An actual vacation where we go somewhere and do something fun.  No continuing education meeting.  No races to run.  Idea for this was planted Friday night at dinner with a bigger group of friends.
  • Looks like we'll have company on said vacation.  V, at least, is joining us.
  • I had a great run today.  More on that later.
So, this vacation (as you can see the counter over on the right) has gotten T and I really excited.  It truly has become the light at the end of the tunnel for me since we decided to do it Monday night.  Where might we be going you ask?

Home.  

Yep, you heard me correctly, home.  We're going back to the PNW for just over a week.  Enough time to see T's Mom in Seattle for a few days and to spend some time back in Oregon.

Today's run was just what I've been needing.  As each mile ticked off it seemed as if a little bit more of the emotional baggage life has added to me lately just started falling by the wayside and it became easier and easier to run.  Maybe, just maybe, my running mojo (which just so happens to be a huge source for all of my mojo) might be returning.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Good for you guys! You deserve a fun vacation. The anticipation of the vacation is always so fun and gets you through tough and stressful times too.

Maria said...

WOOT for good runs, WOOT for vacations and WOOT for friends!

solarpowered said...

SO happy to hear things are good! I'm jealous of your PNW trip - it's been a couple years now since I've been out to Portland, and I miss it.

Grab that mojo and run with it!!! :D

sneakersister said...

Completely jealous! I've been contemplating a long vacation back in Oregon for some time now. One of these days ... I miss it sooooo much.

I didn't know that T hailed from Washington.