Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yet Another One Has Past...

I started year #37 at 2:41 a.m. EST this morning. I actually looked that up too.

What a year #36 was...

I learned a lot about what truly makes up friendship.

I made some new friends, and there were some friendships that didn't make it.

I realized that none of us is getting any younger, and that scares me a bit.

I realized I need to work on making relationships better - including the relationships (or lack of one) with my siblings.

We bought our first house.

I ran two marathons.

I'm in a much better place starting this revolution around the sun than I was when I started the last one 366 days ago.

I've got good things on the horizon and I'm really looking forward to what year #37 holds for me, and the people I care about.

Speaking of people I care about - be you friend or family: Thank you for helping me be the best person I can. Without your presence and help, this journey wouldn't be possible, or nearly as much fun.

6 comments:

Maria said...

Have a tasty brew to celebrate your 37th year of life!

solarpowered said...

I love reflective posts like this. Hope you've had a great day!

Kris said...

Happy Birthday!

The closest thing I got to a reflective post on my birthday came about a week prior. I was whiny, not wise.

Yours was a far better post. :-)

Frankie said...

Very cool post KP. I didnt know you and I were just 10 days apart in age. For some reason I had you a couple of years younger than me. Hopefully sometime in this next year our paths will cross a time or two.

Fenian R. Menian said...

37 happens to be a mathematical lucky number, my friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/37_(number)

Hope this year sheds a good deal of fortune on you...

EC said...

Happy Birthday. It's good to make progress.
-erin