Friday, December 05, 2008

It Only Took 865 Days

An interesting thing happened last night.  Something that happens with regularity for most people.

T and I had dinner with friends.  That's right, you heard me correctly, I said we had dinner with friends.  Plural.  More than one.  People that actually live in the same city that we can see/hang out with on a regular basis.

Finally after struggling to connect with people here in the mitten (you can page back through previous posts for the specific details) I think we've finally turned a corner.  In the last two months we've met people that are really fun, and evidently either the deal with the devil is working or they genuinely think we're fun as well.

Maybe there's hope for us yet?

4 comments:

Kris said...

I'm very happy for you guys. :) It sucks moving to new cities as an adult.

EC said...

I gotta say i feel like I have a snack with you every day Kev. Since you work out, I can eat goodies.

But seriously, I'm working toward the 100.

Glad to hear it.

-erin

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Excellent news!

I assume they like beer too?

sneakersister said...

I hear ya! It's tough making friends the older you get, especially when you move.