Saturday, January 06, 2007

2006 Year in Review

I have pretty much covered all of the major events of at least the last half of 2006 up to this point with my blog, as hit-or-miss as I have been providing updates. If you’re not sure you are up to date (at least Cramer is – he might be the only person reading still. Nice pic of the kids by the way!) follow the links over to the right and get caught up!!!

I started out 2006 with a goal of running 600 miles for the year after running 350 miles in 2005. Ok, ok, ok, so T looked at me like I was crazy when I told her this, but I had a goal of running a half-marathon (check!) in 2006 so I felt I need to increase the miles, plus needed to increase the amount of exercise for overall health reasons. Here are the month by month totals for 2006:

Jan 45
Feb 38
Mar 55
April 76
May 75
June 57
July 14
Aug 45
Sept 62
Oct 54
Nov 76
Dec 82
Total 679

You’ll notice that I had a bunch of other things going on in July, like moving across the country and what-not. Overall I’m very happy with these numbers. You’ll also notice that in November when I started training for the Flying Pig Marathon (17 weeks to go) that my mileage went up, which means I’m sticking to my training plan, which just happens to be a goal for 2007. That and 1000 miles.

Ok, non-running related news: not much else to report. Work is work. Middle of hoops season with baseball just around the corner. Refer to how many weeks until the Flying Pig – that’s how many weeks until the school year is done. Not that I’m counting or anything.

T and I joined the Y – cue The Village People! and I’m looking forward to taking advantage of it more this year. The Y has a pretty decent indoor climbing wall and I’m hoping to get some time in climbing. Either there or at one of the two indoor climbing gyms here in Grand Rapids. Looking forward to getting outdoors when able for some hikes be it here in Michigan or in other Midwestern locations this summer. Maybe even a backpacking trip if I can convince T. Or, I could use the Y to learn to swim better and maybe add canoeing into the activities that we are too busy to do! T would love that.

Maybe I need to change the title of this…adapting to life in Michigan fairly well. I’m open to suggestions! Also a goal for 2007 is to update this blog a bit more frequently.

Reading list update: thanks for the suggestions Cramer. Anyone else?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: New Name

So, are there any rapids in or near "Grand" Rapids?

If so, are they truly "Grand?" Or just whimsically swift?

So, I tell you to read Dreams From My Father, and the media gets in a bunch because Obama tried cocaine? The next thing you know, they'll start saying Giambi does steroids because I pointed you toward Moneyball.

Happy New Year.