Friday, November 11, 2011

Stress? You Are a Mean Son of a Bitch!

Cast Day 9 (19 to go)

We all have those days where the frustrations build slowly and slowly and slowly until they reach that threshold the pushes you into that shitty, crabby, I-could-easily-be-a-royal-jackass-right-now-but-I'm-doing-the-deep-calming-breaths-thing-to-keep-from-throat-punching-you place.

Welcome to the last couple of days for me!!!!!  Adhering to my not specific discussions of work things I'll just leave it at that....

My normal healthy coping method (drinking does not equal healthy people!)?  Running.  As we all now, that strategy has been eliminated.  Where is the fist-shaking-smiley?

Part of that stress is cast related - I'm over my paranoia that I'm developing a DVT.  I'm not.  But I'm having trouble dealing with the amount of time I have to be on my feet at work in order to effectively do my job.  By the end of the day I'm ready to cut the cast off because my leg is just worn out from walking in the dastardly thing.  Not painful from the surgery, just tired, hot, and sweaty.  Imagine if you didn't take your sock off for 9 consecutive days...9 down, 19 to go!

I know, I know...buck up camper and deal with it!  You went into this with your eyes wide open and aware of what the recovery would be!  Yes, I do keep telling myself that...every day.

9 days down, 19 to go.

One day at a time.

One day at a time.

No comments: