Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Halfway Point

Cast Day 7

Going into this I knew it would be a six week process until things really got back to "normal".  Three weeks ago yesterday was the surgery.  One week ago I started the time in the cast - some good days, some not so good days but I have a theory about that, later.  Three weeks down, three weeks to go.  I'm pretty sure that things couldn't be going better.

My cast theory:  I'm going to spend exactly 28 days in this thing.  The first week was challenging because I was getting used to the limitations imposed on me by it.  Now though, I'm settling in to a routine with those limitations for the next few weeks.  The last week?  That's going to be tough because the light at the end of the tunnel will be big and bright and I think it will be like being 6 years old and waiting for the jolly ol' elf to arrive that special morning in December.

One day at a time.

1 comment:

Theia said...

Maybe it will be like a road trip where the way home always seems faster than the way there. :)