Saturday, January 01, 2011

Timing

I was pleased a few weeks ago when the University of Pittsburgh decided to relieve my alma mater of her football coach.  Despite the improvements in the win-loss record this year I was never a fan.  It was just something I couldn't put my finger on...was it the embarrassing losses this year to sUCks or Ohio?  Probably.  Or was it the stories of inappropriate behavior I heard when he was an assistant coach at Ohio?  Maybe.  Was it that I felt he wasn't the head coach Miami needed after the disaster of the Shane Montgomery era.  Definitely.

It's also hard to stomach someone preaching discipline and class and then seeing that person arrested for domestic violence.  Good riddance.  I just wish that ESPN would stop showing him wearing Miami gear as they discuss him getting fired by Pitt.

On the the Treadwell era - who was a great assistant coach at Miami when I was an undergrad and working with the football team as an athletic training student.  Go RedHawks!

No comments: