Sunday, January 09, 2011

That Time of Year

January.  Fresh pages on your calendar.  Packed to the gills fitness centers/YMCAs/gyms, etc as everyone has made their New Year's Resolutions and goals for 2011.

I've made some myself.  I have a mileage goal (1500 miles) for the year, but more importantly this year I've made goals that will help me get to that big number.  I want to run at least 30 miles each weak (which would give me 1560 miles) and I want to run at least 140 miles each month (which would give me 1680 miles)...you get the point.

I've got other goals, some that will make it on here, some that won't.

However, as you finalize your goals for 2011, it is only the second week, I would like to leave you with a quote:

It's not about goal setting, it is about goal achievement.  Anyone can set goals, few are willing to do what it takes to actually achieve them.

This was a tweet from Vern Gambetta, a very wise man.

2011 isn't about setting goals...it's about achieving them.  That's the hard part.  It's about being willing to go to bed early, it's about not having that third, or second, or even first beer, it's about turning off the TV and getting something done.

What are you willing to do in order to achieve your goals this year?

2 comments:

Maria said...

I'm willing to run in any weather and to drag my ass outta bed to run pre-work at least 3 days/week

GO KEV!

Theia said...

I like that quote and noticed it in your signature line on kick. Thanks for the reminder!