Sunday, September 28, 2008

Recap

So I'm sitting here with 13 days until Chicago...

last week's running looked like this:
Monday - off
Tuesday - 8 miles with 5x600m at 5k pace (8.1 miles in 1:19:37)
Wednesday - 2.6 miles in 31:02 with T at the end of a busy day
Thursday - off
Friday - 4.3 miles in 44:44
Saturday - 8-15k race/time trial (5.5 miles in 48:18)
Sunday - ran 8 miles with T.  Was supposed to do 16, and I planned on doing the first 12 with her and then finishing up on my own, but she developed a blister at 8.2 that prevented her from running so ended up walking the 4 miles we had left home.

For the week that is 29 miles.  Plan had called for 39 so I was a bit off but at this point I'm going to Chicago with the training that is already in the bank.

The upcoming week has a workout in it that really has me scared: 3x1600 m at 5k pace.  That's 3 mile repeats (okay so a mile is 1609 meters but that is just splitting freakin' hairs dude) with 2 minutes recovery.  That is going to kick my ass.  But the saving grace is this - that's the last hard workout before race day, so I just need to suck it up and get it done.  Wednesday morning.  I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Kris said...

ugh. I hate repeats to begin with. 1600m ones would make me curl up and cry like a baby. :) Good luck with the workout and hope taper madness doesn't get you too crazy.

Antoinette said...

Those repeats do sound heinous, but you'll get 'em done! Race day should be easy breezy by comparison! ;)