Sunday, May 04, 2008

Question

To: Organizers of Grandma's Marathon
From: KP

RE: Racecourse Performance Drink Choice

Why does a marathon of Grandma's stature choose to have a beverage like Ultima Replenisher? After trying it yesterday to see what it tastes like (nothing, and I even mixed it stronger than the package directions and used the flavor they will be using in Duluth) and how it sits on my stomach have decided that it's horrible and I'm now considering carrying a water bottle with me that I can put Gatorade in for the race.

Did Gatorade piss you off years ago? Ultima isn't a local Duluth company - at least according to their website, so maybe one of the board of directors is a major share holder?

Seriously I'm interested in how an elite race doesn't have Gatorade the industry leader in performance beverages.

No comments: