Monday, May 19, 2008

Inching Closer

Big week for T and I.

Friday we're leaving for Madison, Wisconsin, and the Madison Marathon/HM/Marathon Relay/Quarter Marathon. Yep, we're both running on Sunday. I'm running the half (pretty much as a training run, but I'm hoping to help a good friend cross the finish line in under 2 hours as well) and T is also running, but what she's running is for her to tell, not me.

Should be a fun weekend - huge meet-up of the 30s from Kickrunners and we'll have the opportunity to see some people again, and to meet some new folks. What better way to spend Memorial Day than with a bunch of your imaginary friends?

As you can tell by the log over on the right, I ran 21 miles yesterday. 21 miles. That's a lot of miles. First time I've run that long and I believe I have at least one more long run of that length prior to Grandma's (which as you can tell is about a month away - holy shit! Just one month?!?!). Still feeling good about my chances of meeting my goal on June 21. More on what that goal is when we get a bit closer.

Erin - loving the blog!

3 comments:

sneakersister said...

Congratulations on your long run. That's a lot of miles.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

21 miles! Wow! That is great. How did it feel? And how do you feel today?

EC said...

I don't know that I have run 21 miles, aggregate, in my life. Holy smokes!

--erin