Monday, May 26, 2008

Friends, Part IV

This topic is probably a bit different than my previous rants/diatribes on the subject of friends, but I have to get this out of my head before it explodes....

The hardest thing to do is to watch a friend struggle. To watch them do things that you know are destructive in nature and be helpless to intervene.

To try and intervene and you risk losing the friendship...

What do you do?

The selfish thing? The right thing?

Why does life have to be so fucking hard.

4 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Man, sorry Kevin. Not sure what to tell you, but hope it works out for the best.

librarianchick said...

a true friend will know that you intervened out of love. They will eventually forgive you for being hard on them...you just need to do the right thing for you.

Life is hard so we can learn to be stronger so we can support our friends and family when life gets hard on them.

I'm sorry, Kev.

Kris said...

It's such a hard choice to make. I would hope that if I found myself in that situation, that I was brave enough to risk losing the friendship because I intervened.

It would sure beat losing the friend entirely because of my failure to do so.

Frankie said...

KP,

Id have to agree with Moe and Kris said. That person may get pissed for your intervention but in the end that person will see that you were right in doing so.

If life were so easy and there was nothing hard about it, were would the challenge be?