Monday, November 13, 2006

One Down, How Many To Go?

Finished Week #1 of my running plan. There were 21 miles scheduled, and I completed 23 miles. Completed all of my scheduled runs, PLUS worked out with T on a day that I didn't have one scheduled. 10 mile long run went great yesterday (ok, I know I'm a weirdo when I think it is a nice day to run and it is about 30 F and cloudy - but at least it wasn't raining! Or snowing, because it is Michigan after all), still need to work on my IT bands and do some stretching, but good week. Now I just need to repeat this effort.

The before mentioned workout with T brings me to some news...we joined the YMCA (cue the Village People). Great deal through GVSU and we have access to all five in the area: including the spanking new one downtown and the one right by the house (ok, so "right by" is relative, it's the suburbs so it's about 6 miles from the house).

Tension/excitement is running high here this week. All of the Michigan fans are getting their panties wet over the game this weekend. If I didn't have a game to cover Friday night, I would wear my OSU (that's OHIO State for all of you Oregonians) game jersey to have a bit of fun with people. At least I found out today that the game doesn't start until 3:30 p.m. so I will be able to watch the game after all, game to cover Saturday at 1 p.m.

Pictures from the half marathon are up on the photography service website. Please be kind in your comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was THE Ohio State University.