Friday, November 10, 2006

End of the Week, Beer?

Friday Update

A lot transpired this week:
Election night – I will avoid the hot issues nationally (about freakin’ time people! And to my brother, who probably doesn’t know this exists: Good to know that your go-to-guy-in –the-clutch Mr. Rove failed miserably. Was it a conspiracy in Montana? Virginia? It was nice to see a disciple of the Republican “God” Reagan kick one of Bush’s boy’s ass, in the name of the Democratic Party. Can you say “Macaca”) and hit the highlight here in Michigan.

The city of Grandeville (approximately 6 miles from the front door, where the nice mall and all the restaurants are located) passed a law allowing alcohol sales in said restaurants on Sunday! Not that I’m an alcoholic or anything but it is ok to have a glass of wine with the Italian dinner you have out on Sunday evening.

Weather in the Midwest.
Last Thursday and Friday it was snowing. Yesterday it was almost 70 degrees. I almost wore shorts to work. Today, it’s about 35 outside. Supposed to snow tomorrow. Yeah for Michigan.

Was informed that the great state of Ohio on Tuesday passed a smoking ban in all public spaces – including, I assume, restaurants. We could only be so lucky here in Michigan. I am really tired of coming home from having dinner out and smelling like an ashtray.

Had a good week of running so far, will see how the 10 miler goes on Sunday – at least the weather is supposed to be better!

Found out my “readership” is larger than I thought (thanks Marlee)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen brother.