Thursday, October 26, 2006

Nervous?

Ok, it's Thursday night which means I have just a bit more than 48 hours until the half marathon. Now, I ran a 5k on Saturday (see pictures/post below on the PR) but I haven't run since. I'm taking "tapering" to a whole new level here!

I have figured out what I'm wearing, mostly, after checking the weather about every 3 hours - last check high of 45 on Saturday and chance of snow...so I'm thinking it will be somewhere in the 30's at race time. Ordered a sweet new Smartwool beanie to wear that is much lighter than my fleece ones. Plus it's not black. I'd include a link but it just takes you to the smartwool website. It's the "training beanie" in twilight if interested.

I have decided that I'm leaving the iPod at home. I may pay for this later, but I'm sticking with the decision.

I have decided which pair of running shoes I'm wearing - even if they did start squeaking on me in the race Saturday! Then I'm retiring them...over 400 miles on them so they will become everyday shoes for me.

Erin - let us know when the interview is and how it goes!

No comments: