Sunday, October 15, 2006

Long run...

Completed my last long run in preparation for the Grand Rapids Half-Marathon (13.1 miles) today. Set out to run between 11 and 12 miles. Nice easy pace goal for today, between 10:20 and 10:45 min/miles.

Made it through 10 pretty easy, but then my hip started to ache a bit, was able to ignore it though and push on.

12 miles clicked by, felt pretty good actually so I decided to see if I could go the full 13.1...and I did.

Legs were/are dead now even after a cold soak in the tub for 10 mins. But overall I feel pretty good. This was the longest run I've ever completed and now I KNOW I can make it on the 29th.

Just need to recover by Saturday...running in a 5k.

TV UPDATE: it's somewhere between Louisville, KY and here still according to the tracking number. I'm hoping for a Monday delivery!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet looking TV.

I got an interview for UW PA program on Nov 4. Wish me luck.

I've decided to exercise vicariously thru you, so I'm glad 'we' had a PR. I feel like a million bucks.

Seriously though, run fast, run well, have fun. Good stuff.