Saturday, October 21, 2006

Great Start to a Saturday

Now I might be crazy for the title, but bear with me...

Ran in a 5k today at GVSU. I know I have the half marathon next week and racing probably not the best thing, but then since my training has been "unique" I thought what the hell.

So here is me prerace:


Lowest bib number I've ever had for a race...felt pretty good after my warm-up (technically when T snapped this photo).

Felt really good during the race: mile 1 - 8:37, mile 2 - 8:43 (so I slowed down a bit but still feeling pretty good). T snapped this picture at about the 2.5 mile point:

No matter what T says about me looking at "ease" when I run, I was pushing it pretty hard by this point

Mile 3 I started to fade...8:53, but turned it on, or tried to from the 3 mile point until the finish.

Finished with a time of 26:51. A new PR for me, by 54 seconds.

So feeling pretty good about things right now.

Only thing left to do today is get ready to go tailgate with T's co-workers this afternoon. So there are beers in my future.

Maybe the title should be a good start and a great finish?

No comments: