Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weekend Recap

1. I forgot how much it sucks to spend 5.5 hours in a car driving to Ohio by yourself.

2. I forgot just how cramped my Saturn was.

3. I got to make my niece very, very, very happy.

4. Spent some time with my parents - always a plus.

5. I got to see some people from high school that I haven't seen in a long time. Fun time.

6. T and I are a one car family for awhile.

There ya go, that was the weekend in a nutshell. Bottom line is this: we sold my Saturn to my sister and then proceeded to give it to my niece, who is starting college in the fall - man, do I feel old now. The look of surprise/joy/freedom on her face Friday when she opened the box with the keys in it was phenomenal and worth every minute of the boring, uncomfortable drive on Thursday afternoon.

2 comments:

EC said...

Those are good feelings.

Might I suggest a really old pickup as a replacement? Not cramped, fun to drive, people turn their heads. Also good feelings. I'm not selling.

solarpowered said...

Kev - that sounds like a wonderful weekend. :D Good stuff.