Thursday, April 23, 2009

Soundtrack

I've been purchasing random music from the iTunes store lately.  Some upbeat, some slow, some in between but they all hit me in a unique and different way.

Here's some of the most recent to move me:

Watchmen Soundtrack - loved the movie, and the mix of songs...especially The Times They Are A-Changin'

River of Deceit - Layne Staley's voice is incredible and unmistakeable.  Another creative force lost.

Lullaby - Shawn Mullins...another voice that just hits ya between the eyes.

Hallelujah - previously had the Leonard Cohen version and got it a second time with Watchmen, but today purchased probably the best version I've ever heard of it, by Jeff Buckley.  Haunting.

So why post this?  Things like this upcoming weekend get me thinking a little more, how should I put it?  I'm compiling the soundtrack for my life.  One song, one artist at a time.

2 comments:

EC said...

I agree, Buckley's is awesome.

Maria said...

I'll third the sentiment... Jeff's version of that song is chilling! There's a dude that regularly plays a lot of Buckley in the subway station near my office - sounds damn good too!